Sunday, December 27, 2009

What hairstyle is best for thick hair and do layers make it thicker or not?

My friend took a hairdressing course with school for a few weeks and she said layers make thick hair even thicker!! I thought it made it thinner? My hair is really thick and layered what hairstyle can I get to make it thinner? Oh and the hairdresser always uses thinning scissors and cuts loads off but by the next time I've washed it it's like it never got thinned out at all. It's so annoying what can I do?!What hairstyle is best for thick hair and do layers make it thicker or not?
Having your hair layered makes it thinner,i have it done each time as i also have thick hair. Ask for layers and for it to be thinned out. A good hairdressers will know what you mean when you say you dont like having thick hair and want something doing with it. Also ask the hairdresser what style they recommend for you,i did and i have a style i would of never chosen but i love it and get loads of comments. Good luck!What hairstyle is best for thick hair and do layers make it thicker or not?
Yeah i have really thick hair.. so my hairdresser advised layers.. it looked good after they styled it correctly but every time i did at home after it made it thicker.. especially when it grows back.
There is a difference between thick hair and a thick head of hair. I've got very fine hair but loads of it (a thick head of hair). I would trust an experienced hair dresser rather than a mate who only took hairdressing for a few weeks. Sometimes novices don't really understand - go with your experienced hairdresser.
After way too many bad haircuts that didn't seem to make any difference I decided to fork out for a decent haricut at Trevor Sorbie (normally about 35 quid upwards I think..).





My hairdresser there is amazing. I have really insanely thick curly hair and she told me that layers would be a very bad idea because it does make it look thicker. She thins it out instead by using instinct to make the top layer more choppy and thinned out.





All I know is my hair looks way better than it ever did with layers, even when I don't bother to straighten it.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment