Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I add Colored Layers to my black Hair?

I have black hair. Little Longer than Shoulder length. Layers. I want to add maybe a pink or purpley mix to a middle layer of my hair. So it kinda shows thru the layers. How do I go about doing it? Cuz im pretty sure my salon wont do something that funkyHow do I add Colored Layers to my black Hair?
Tie the top layer of hair up


and tie the bottom in two sections..


I guess try to dye the middle without getting it on the bottom hair.How do I add Colored Layers to my black Hair?
You really should ask your salon before you try doing yourself at home. Most salons even if they don't carry the color you want can get it in a day or so. To get the kind of color you want you are going to have to bleach out the sections of hair you want to color then use the color you want them to be to dye them. It can be damaging and with dark hair you could get a orange or yellow color first and have to bleach again because you need the hair to be pretty light for the pink or purple to stand out. Also the pink fades really fast and the purple will fade too, both faster in bleached out hair. You could just go get some clip in colors and have them trimmed to your layers. That way you can change them when you want and won't have to bleach out your own hair.
You're going to have to do each section one at a time and before you add the purple and pink you are going to have to bleach it so the color will actually show up. Be careful not to over process your hair though. Also, you should know that purple and pink will fade very quickly, especially if you spend a bunch of time in the sun.
If you want to do it yourslef take the first layer on the top of your head and put it up in a clip.





Then put some highlights on the layer that is under the first layer of your head.


Don't dye the whole thing, just some highlights here and there so it dooesn't look chunky and weird
Actually you'd be surprised at what salons would do. I would suggest checking with a salon and seeing if they do that kinda stuff. But if not then you need to bleach the parts you want colored first then highlight them.
i don't know but maybe ask the hairdresser and explain exactly what you want and the might do it i know my hairdressers would x
you will have to bleach the section you want pink or purple first then put the color over it. and fyi it will fade fast

No comments:

Post a Comment