Sunday, December 27, 2009

How many layers of clothing for a winter newborn?

My little boy will be here in November. Is a onesie underneath a layette/sleeper good enough to keep him warm when we go out? With blankets too of course. How many layers of clothing for a winter newborn?
always ask yourself what you would wear and dress accordingly for the peanut. Sometimes you can overheat them and not even realize it.





If you live in a colder area, get a thing to cover the carseat that they are in. and then put a light blanket it that you can remove if they show signs of being too hot. Make sure to cover the head, always. Its the first source of heat loss.





Remember that you can always take clothing off. It all depends where you live. How many layers of clothing for a winter newborn?
When its cold i usually just see how i feel. If i am nice and cozy with 2 layers on i put my daughter 3 layers just because they lose heat from their little bodies faster than us.





I usually put my daughter on..


A baby vest, a onesie/pants and jacket.


An additional coat depending on the coldness along with hat and mits...





You will just know what to put him on when he comes...i thought about stuff like this before i had mine..but then its hardly an issue when their here..





All the best and congrats!!!
yes it is. unless you baby is really little with no fat on them then you might need a little more but what you said you are going to do should be fine. my 3 kids were very hot natured so i never put more than what you talked about on them. good luck!
Well my plan is close to that.


I plan on heating the car before hand. Toasting the blanket by the heater before I wrap her up in it. And head out the door with her onsie and a little jacket and socks/booties,hat-then a blanket.
Personally, I never bother with onesies under sleepers even in winter. I'll have a hat on the baby and put them in a 1-piece snow suit type thing or a jacket depending.
When I had my first someone told me this little nugget. One more layer than you would wear. Not too hot and not to cold that way. And best of all this advice works no matter where you live!


Best of luck and congrats!
vest, babygrow, cardy)cotton wool not 100% wool itchy!


Sheet, 2 to 3 cotton blankets with the little holes in!


perhaps a nice jersey cotton hat!
I had my son in a long sleep onesie, paints, and socks, underneat a snow suit when we went out... of course it depends on where you are (I'm in Wisconsin... so it gets cold).
My doctor told me years ago to feel the back of their neck. If hot/sweaty, they are too hot and vice versa with the cold. Wearing a hat also helps with heat.
That sounds about right to me. Dont forget the hat...very important....Good luck
i would say a t shirt and his out fit and a snow suit or jacket
  • oil
  • skin facial
  • oil production
  • masquerade mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment