Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I make a layered non-alcoholic drink?

When I was a child, I went to a restaurant with my mother and grandparents. They made me a ';fancy'; drink of different juices, but it was layered. I was amazed by it.





My teen children are planning a New Year's Eve party and I thought this would be a fun thing to serve the kids. I don't remember what juices were in it, so any flavors will do fine.How do I make a layered non-alcoholic drink?
Layered Kiwi And Mango Milk





4 kiwi fruits, sliced


3 cups mango pulp or diced fresh mango


4 scoops mango ice cream


4 teaspoons rose syrup


4 cups milk, cold





Pre-chill 3-4 glasses.


Place slices of the golden kiwis at the bottom of each glass.


Place 1/2 cup of mango (pulp/diced) over the kiwi.


Add a scoop of mango ice cream.


Pour a tsp.


of rose syrup over the mango.


Pour chilled milk over these layers.


Serve immediately with a straw and long-stemmed spoon.





Latte Macchiato (Blotchy Milk)





2 cups milk (no fat-reduced product)


3 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder, heaped





Heat milk in the microwave or in a saucepan over medium-high heat (do not boil).


In the meantime prepare instant espresso according to package direction.


As soon as the milk is hot give it into a blender or food processor and blend on high for 40 seconds or until the milk has a velvety milk foam.


Fill glasses up to 2/3 with milk foam.


Now pour hot espresso VERY SLOWLY into the foam, I suggest to pour it from the rim.


If you like, you can turn a spoon around and pour the espresso slowly over its back side.


After 1 minute the drink will devide in 3 layers which is very nice!How do I make a layered non-alcoholic drink?
Cinderella (non-alcoholic drink)


This is a non-alcoholic drink. Great for the kiddos!





2 oz. Club Soda


1 Dash grenadine


1 oz. lemon juice


1 oz. orange juice


1 oz. pineapple juice


Mixing instructions:


Mix all juices with ice, shake well and pour into glass. Add Club Soda and then add grenadine. Decorate with slice of pineapple and/or oraange

No comments:

Post a Comment