Sunday, December 27, 2009

How many layers does my newborn need if my house is 25 c?

Ive tried everything to get the temperature down but nothing seems to be working! Ive read that she needs 1 layer more than me. I'm terrified of SIDS.How many layers does my newborn need if my house is 25 c?
Typical rule of thumb is the baby needs one more layer of clothing than you need. So if your comfortable in a long sleeve shirt and jeans, then the baby will need the same plus another shirt underneath. If you're good in a tank top and shorts the baby will be okay in a onesie with a shirt underneath. If her feet are cold put on socks, if not she's fine! Also the baby will not die of SIDS by getting too hot. Sids is caused from tummy sleeping, having pillows and stuffed animals in her crib, smoking increases the risk as well.How many layers does my newborn need if my house is 25 c?
if she is sweaty when you pick her up from a nap, that's too much. personally, if it's that warm in my house I would put the baby in just an undershirt and a thin flannel blanket on top.





the main risks for sids are to do with smoking, and cosleeping after having drunk or used drugs. I think keeping baby exactly the right temperature is less important, and kind of impossible. baby will tell you if she's really uncomfortable, otherwise you just gotta go by how her skin feels.
my son was in hospital when he was 4weeks old, the room was 28C, way too hot for me. he was fine in a body suit (armless and legless), or a t-shirt. we covered him with a thin sheet.


i checked his belly to see if he was too hot. if he did feel hot i removed the sheet :D
Every baby is different, for me, my son sweat really bad in his sleep even in thin footy pajamas. I just used those side snap shirts and swaddled him.
I would just do one at that temp. I always feel if I'm cold or warm, my baby is too-
How are you dressed? Are you comfortable? Dress baby accordingly and do frequent checks to make sure she's not too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment