Thursday, December 24, 2009

Iwant to paint a wall but discovered it is several layers of paint over wallpaper. What should I do?

Years ago I painted over a painted wall. Now I would like to change the color. I've learned that the painted surface that I painted over was paint over wallpaper. The wallpaper seams are now visible and lifting slightly in some spots. Can I remove the paper? What is the best way for me to procede?Iwant to paint a wall but discovered it is several layers of paint over wallpaper. What should I do?
you will need to remove the wall paper, can rent a steamer they work pretty good takes time but will be much happier with outcome if you strip the paper rather then painting over againIwant to paint a wall but discovered it is several layers of paint over wallpaper. What should I do?
We stripped off old wallpaper by just pulling on it. It was surprizing how easily it came off. But if it doesn't come off easily, you can steam it or wet it down with a sponge then scrape it off. If the paint is latex paint, it won't matter that it is painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment