Thursday, December 24, 2009

How can I remove multiple layers of old wallpaper?

I was trying to remove old wallpaper in a house, so that I can paint that wall instead of having wallpaper on it and I noticed after I got the first layer off that there are multiple layers of decades old wallpaper underneath.





How do I remove all of this old wallpaper and is there anything I need to do to the wall to get it clean of wallpaper so that I can paint it?How can I remove multiple layers of old wallpaper?
mix a little ammonia with a 50% mixture of white vinegar and warm water, spray on and using a plasterers scraper blade start at a loosened end , you will find it will come away quite wellHow can I remove multiple layers of old wallpaper?
Lots of elbow grease and scraping. Put hot water in a spray bottle with some white vinegar and spray starting from the top of the wall until the bottom. At first spray on top of the paper and then wait 30 seconds. Really saturate it. As it starts to peel spray the outside of the paper and the wall where the paper has started to come off. There is no other magic answer other than washing with mild detergent after and a lot of scraping.
Hi, I just removed wallpaper myself and I used my standing clothes steamer and it worked great! You can also score the wallpaper so that it penetrates the bottom layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment