Friday, January 8, 2010

How can I grow out my layers without cutting the length off?

My hair is a little bit past my shoulders, but I have shorter layers that I really want to grow out. Is there any way to get my layers to grow out without having to cut the length off my hair? My hair is on the thin side, but it is not fine. I am really having a hard time to get the layers, especially around my face, to grow. They just seem to break off. Any advice, especially from professional hair stylists, would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!How can I grow out my layers without cutting the length off?
You unfortunately will have to get the length cut. As the layers grow out so will the back length, the only way for the layers to catch up to the back is to bring the back up to even it out. Just wait until the layers get to a comfortable length for you and take the back off little by little and before you know it the layers will be grown out. As far as the layers around your face, it's hard to say without seeing you in person, but some hair breaks due to pulling it back off of your face or just wear and tare. Get the front trimmer also and remember to get regular trims because if you leave it too long it will split. Good luck, I know it's really hard to grow out layers, but winter is a great time to do it!How can I grow out my layers without cutting the length off?
Thank you to everyone who responded to my question. You all gave me some great advice! Report Abuse

If your hair is dry and you have alot of breakage you need to get a revitalizing shampoo and conditioner something that strengthens the hair, and i would do hot oil treatments as well. This should strengthen your hair, and about the layers your hair should start to grow faster after the hair is strengthened, then you will just have to grow the layers to where you want them and cut the rest of your hair so its all evened out.
theres not to much u realli can do.. just let it grow. :]
I grew my hair out from having serious layers- my hairstylest kept my length trimmed to keep my hair looking healthy but didn't cut the layers. This way my hair continued to grow and my layers eventually caught up. I also use Biolage leave in fortifying treatment (I spray it in after I shower and let my hair air dry overnight) My other suggestion is to try to hold back on drying it with a blowdryer and styling it lots- using curling irons/straighteners etc. because that will cause the hair to break off easier.
Go get your hair trimmed every six weeks...eventually your layers will become grown long enough and you can get them trimmed as well...Trimming is the best you can offer to your hair to keep it healthy and growing nicely..

No comments:

Post a Comment